Thursday, October 13, 2011

Tot School: Magnets, Sorting and Lacing Activities

Tot School
Jordan was 34 months in these pics.

These are a few of the activities we did last year during Tot School.


We have a magnetic alphabet set that we got through Rainbow Resource when my oldest was in kindergarten. When I first got it, I had to punch out all the letters & so I ended up with all these interesting little shapes leftover. I kept them, not knowing yet what to do with them... until now. Jordan had fun sticking them onto the magnetic board and also sorting them into cups.


He also liked to sort his army men into cups. He calls them "my guys".


Then his big brother came along & wanted to play too. This is the scene I found set up in the living room. lol

It's the rainbow guys against the camouflaged guys.


Another thing he enjoyed was lacing with different types of buttons and beads. It was good practice for him.



Also linking up with:

abc button



It's Playtime at hands on : as we grow

Hip Homeschool Hop Button

Photobucket

4 comments:

Marla said...

The action figure sorting is so cute! What a fun way to incorporate his interests into his learning!

Beth said...

Haha! Love all the army men! My son looked over my shoulder & said - Oooh! Is that for school next week =-)
I am starting a Linky Party if you want to link up at http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/2011/10/first-ever-linky-party.html

Laura @Art For Little Hands said...

so much learning going on! I love it. Thanks for sharing on Monday Madness. Hope you come back again tomorrow!

Brooke @ Let Kids Create said...

Oh, I love the big buttons to lace. I have some similar magnetic foam shapes left over from a magnetic mosaic set I had bought and my girls love to make pictures with them. Thanks for sharing on Monday Madness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails