Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Seasonal Activities

As I strive to be more intentional with the time I have with my children, I recently decided to make a list of fall seasonal activities that I am wanting to do with my family. My 10yr old gave me his input, and then I found more recipes and craft ideas on Pinterest.


Here is the list we came up with:
  • Nature walk (weekly)- collect fun things for crafts & enjoy the outdoors
  • Visit the pumpkin patch
  • Make crockpot applesauce
  • Make bean mosaics (pumpkin & leaf shapes)
  • Make construction paper pumpkin faces
  • Check out fall-themed books from the library
  • Make roasted pumpkin seeds
  • Make pumpkin spice cake
  • Carve pumpkins
  • Make pumpkin seed mosaics
  • Make pumpkin pie play dough
  • Attend a fall harvest party
  • Go trick-or-treating in our neighborhood
  • Paint pumpkins
  • Play in the leaves
  • Make pumpkin scones
  • Make fall leaf coasters
  • Make fall leaf paintings in baggies
  • Decorate mini pumpkins with craft supplies
  • Fall paper plate wreaths
  • Make hot apple cider
  • Make streusel-topped pumpkin custards
  • Cinnamon apple spice play dough
  • Popsicle stick scarecrows
  • Make spiced yogurt pound cake
  • Tissue paper turkeys
  • Celebrate Thanksgiving
  • Make pumpkin pie
  • Paint pine cones
  • Play Apples to Apples game
After making the list, I divided everything up between the next six weeks (thru the end of November). Then during naptime yesterday, I got out some scrapbooking paper & made a 12x12 chart to hang on the wall so the whole family can see what is planned for each of the weeks.


I really need accountability if I'm going to keep up with something like this, so hopefully this chart (& putting it on my blog here) will help me with the follow-through. I'm only breaking things down by week, that way I still have some flexibility as to which day we actually do them. And I'm sure I'll still move things around a bit, but for the most part, I think it should work well.

I also left a few blank spots since I couldn't come up with anything else, but wanted to get going on it rather than wait till I have it perfect. lol I can always fill it in as I come across more fun ideas.

Here's a closer look:

I'll post pictures as we complete some of these. And if it works well for us, I plan to do one for Christmas time too.

In fact, today, we did our first nature walk & we couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous fall day. My 10yr old doesn't really enjoy collecting leaves & things anymore (he says he's too old for that...sigh). Yeah, he was sort of embarrassed carrying a bag around the park (lol), so he just went along for the walk. I was just happy to have him there with us.

3 comments:

mommyto4duckies said...

What a great bucket list for fall. Even if you don't do every single thing, you will make such lasting memories for your sweet family.

Tiffany Faming said...

Your kids is so cute and pretty! When I go to your blog, I always smile. Love your blog! Keep it up!

Tiffany Faming

marriog lesser said...

Your blog is too good,But I would like to suggest you that,Use coupons for food.Because,each and every activity is incomplete without food.So,Use coupons,enjoy food and save money!!!

Have Fun!!!

Texas Roadhouse Coupons

Related Posts with Thumbnails